Improving Your Results through Revisional Bariatric Surgery
Revising Gastric Bypass or Gastric Sleeve
The most common reason people need a revision of their Gastric Bypass or Gastric Sleeve is a significant weight regain or return of weight-related medical problems such as GERD and diabetes. Surgical revision to reverse weight regain and help you achieve your Best Weight works best when combined with Dr. Quebbemann’s DietaryRebuild Program.
The most common anatomic reasons for weight regain are.
- Stomach Dilation: This is a condition where the gastric sleeve or gastric bypass pouch dilates, stretches, or enlarges.
- Anastomotic Dilation: This is a condition where the connection between the gastric bypass pouch and the intestine stretches or dilates.
- Initial Surgery: If you failed to lose weight rapidly after your initial surgery, or you lost weight for several months but then regained weight despite following dietary recommendations, the anatomy created at the time of your initial surgery may not have been correct.
Concerned About Inadequate Weight Loss or Weight Regain?
If you are concerned about inadequate weight loss or weight regain, your first step should be to discuss your situation with Dr. Quebbemann. He will recommend specific X-Ray testing to evaluate your anatomy. After obtaining the necessary testing, he will discuss your options with you. A commitment to improving your dietary habits and maintaining an active lifestyle with healthy exercise habits is always required if you hope for permanent weight loss success.
Surgical options offered by Dr. Quebbemann for improving weight control are.
- SLIMMS Revision for Gastric Bypass: This is Dr. Quebbemann’s own gastric bypass revision technique where the final anatomy includes both a gastric bypass and gastric sleeve to remove a portion of stomach that produces the hunger hormone, Ghrelin.
- Re-Sleeve: creating the ideal gastric sleeve anatomy
- Bypass Revision: making the gastric pouch, stomach connection, or both smaller
- Mini-Revision: a procedure for tightening a gastric bypass
Achieve Your Best Weight Loss
If you haven’t maintained your original weight loss goals, or if complications have occurred, Dr. Brian Quebbemann can help.
Dr. Quebbemann has been treating bariatric complications for 23 years and has performed hundreds of surgical revisions with excellent results. Complications he has treated include Lack of Weight Loss, Weight Regain, Gastroesophageal Reflux, Band Slip and Erosion, Stomach Dilation, and others. As one of the most experienced and skilled bariatric surgeons in America, patients struggling with complications can be comfortable knowing they are in good hands.
In Dr. Quebbemann’s first book, book “World’s Greatest Weight Loss” available on Amazon, he gives you extensive insight into why people use weight loss surgery, tells you how to make it truly succeed, and gives his reasons for entering the field of weight loss. The book includes true patient experiences and numerous insightful interviews and tips from his patients.