A healthier lifestyle requires a certain level of commitment from you.
If you want to experience real change in your life, you’ve got to be flexible with your approach. After all, nothing is static and weight loss is undoubtedly an example of this. You’ll have times of extreme success and setbacks. How you choose to approach each makes a difference in how well you’ll be able to achieve your goals.
Working with Dr. Q is an experience like no other. He doesn’t offer the same advice as other doctors would. Instead, he comes up with ways to help you understand your body’s needs so you can answer them in the best manner possible.
Some of the Best Ways to Stay Motivated Despite Facing Challenges
Here are five ways to keep yourself motivated while changing your eating habits:
- Know that you’re not alone. Many people put weight back on after having weight loss surgery. You’re not the first, and you won’t be the last. Take solace in knowing that you are never alone in your pursuit of greater health.
- Get other people invested in your success. It feels good to let other people in on what you’re up to. Choose who you share your progress with. Let them champion you.
- Learn to embrace change by seeing it as an adventure. To evolve as people, you must be willing to do things that you haven’t yet done. Instead of being fearful of change, see it as an opportunity to try something new. Although any weight loss program is work, it can be fun, too.
- Love yourself despite your shortcomings. There is no such thing as the perfect person. There isn’t an ideal diet. Take pride in knowing that you’ve tried even when you come up short. Your shortcomings don’t define you!
- Reinvent yourself as many times as needed to feel happy. It’s never too late to begin again. No rules are telling you how quickly you need to change. If you make mistakes, you can fix them as soon as you’re ready.
It’s hard to stay 100 percent motivated, 100 percent of the time. That’s what makes The Dietary Rebuild program so beneficial. It starts with the doctor helping lay down the foundation for good eating post-surgery. Then, working together, he helps you discover habits that are sustainable for you.
Achieving your goals becomes more likely when you know you’re not following a long list of restrictions. Instead, you focus your time and energy on the thing you can do so you’re able to be successful at losing weight once again. Rebuilding your habits to better meet your needs ensures that you’ll be able to stay at it long-term.
Change the Way You Think About Eating
There is no right or wrong way to diet. Each person is unique and has their own set of nutritional needs based on age, gender, size, health history, and activity level. Dietary restrictions further dictate what a person can or cannot eat. To think that one diet is appropriate for every single human on the planet is naïve. That’s why Dr. Q works with you to come up with eating habits that help you flourish.